Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Chevron...Yep I jumped on the hot decor trend! DIY curtains...sort of.

Hopefully my kids wont be saying our house looks sooooo 2011 in a few year's ;D right like I won't change the curtains before that!

So I purchased the taupe curtain panel's at Target for 8.99ea. Pretty good deal, except they were almost 2 feet too short! So yea I had high water curtains for over a year trying to decide what to do with them :O

Then I found this fabric on the good ol' WWW I knew I HAD to have it! It was a super deal(on sale apparently) and I found a code for first time purchase's cutting the shipping in HALF.

***I cut my panels apart a 12 inches down, seem ripped the side seems on the curtain about 2 inches down or up on the cut sides so I had all raw edges exposed, measured across the whole width of the raw edge cut and added in my fabric(right side together and repeat for lower half of cut panel), pressed and sewed the hemmed sides and tada!***

My total for "custom" curtains(I have 4 panels...2 window's)....about 60 bucks!
P.S. I have enough scraps from the width for a couple of throw pillow's..woot, woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment